Our kits are shipped to you with our partner CGM device and overlay/sport adhesive patches, which are typically applied on top of the sensor for extra protection from accidental removal. Our latex-free patches are made of a medical grade, hypoallergenic, acrylic sure polymer. In rare cases (<1%), if you are allergic to the sensor adhesive, you can apply the patch first and then the sensor on top.
- Clean skin with oil-free, antimicrobial soap and dry thoroughly
- Gentle exfoliation is recommended for oily skin
- Trim hair with a dry razor if needed
- Do not use any lotion or oil-containing moisturizer where you insert the sensor.
- Do not insert the sensor immediately after a shower/bath or in a steamy bathroom. Minimize humidity with a hairdryer or application in a dry environment.
- Solid or spray antiperspirant (unscented) may help with skin prone to sweating. Create an empty oval on the skin with the antiperspirant, and wait 10–15 min. Then, insert the sensor on clean skin in the center of the oval.
What can you try if you are having reactions to the adhesive:
- Apply Flonase to the application area before inserting the CGM sensor
- A barrier film or patch (check out this list of approved products from Dexcom)
Apply a small amount of baby oil to the adhesive area around your CGM before attempting to remove it. This will lessen the hold of the adhesive and make it easier to remove.