Signos uses bluetooth in order to connect with the CGM transmitter. If this connection gets interrupted you make notice gaps in your data and/or receive a sensor error.
Note: we can recover data up to 3 hours after your CGM lost contact with the Signos app. If your device is out of contact for more than 3 hours you won't see that data displayed in your signos app when you do reconnect.
Best Practices for Connection
- Keep your phone within ~20 feet
- Keep the Signos app running, if you close the app it can take up to 20 minutes to reconnect to the CGM
- Android: Turn off battery optimization for the Signos app
- Go to settings > Apps > Signos and click on battery. Select Unrestricted. It may look slightly different on your phone.
- Keep your phone battery charged
- Don't turn of your bluetooth as this is how the CGM connects, even in airplane mode you can turn your bluetooth on
Are you stuck in the “Connecting” status? Check out this article for more troubleshooting steps.
IMPORTANT: If you’re experiencing any device issues, contact Signos Support BEFORE removing a sensor, and we will be happy to help you troubleshoot. Subscriptions do not include free replacements for devices incorrectly utilized or removed prematurely.
Sensor and Transmitter Error
When there's an issue with your sensor or transmitter you’ll see red error text under the hext. Click on it to get more information.