Before you get started, make sure you have the following:
Best practices for preparation
- Consider shaving the hair from the application site to prevent the sensor from falling off early and for pain-free removal on day 10.
- Never apply lotions to the spot you intend to apply your CGM
Prefer to watch?
Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Prepare your sensor site
Pick a spot on the “meatiest” part of the back of your arm. As you are considering where to place it exactly, choose a place that:
- Has no/low hair
- Is not prone to excessive bumping or contact
- somewhere that won’t get compressed regularly
- little to no tattoos or scars
- not the leanest part of your arm
Before applying your sensor make sure to thoroughly cleanse the area with the alcohol wipes. Lotions and soaps can leave a residue on the skin that makes it difficult for the adhesive to fully stick. Let your skin dry completely before the sensor application.
Note: In the US, the FDA approved the G7 for arm placement. In other countries, G7 is approved for abdominal placement. For optimal results, Signos supports arm placement, however you may choose the placement that works best for you.
Step 2: Unscrew the applicator
Unscrew the cap on your applicator ensuring the safety seal was not broken beforehand.
Step 3: Place the sensor
Press the applicator firmly onto your arm. Ensure the clear plastic ring is depressed fully. Then, press the button to apply your sensor.
Keep the applicator with 4 digit code until you are finished setting up the sensor as you will need this code to connect the sensor to the app.
Step 4: Place Sports Cover
After ensuring that the sensor is adhered, apply the Signos sports cover by removing the outer adhesive tabs one by one and smooth over the sensor without creasing to place the Signos athletic cover on top of the sensor.
Wearing a sports cover can help ensure the sensor doesn’t get damaged overtime.
Step 5: Pair the sensor with the app
- Either scan the QR code or manually enter your sensor code
- Select continue and keep your phone within 20 feet of your sensor. You should receive a request to pair within a few minutes.
- Once paired, your sensor will warm up within 30 minutes.
- Your sensor application is now complete and you’ll receive glucose data for the next 10 days.
Don’t see a bluetooth pairing request? Check that you’ve entered the correct pairing code, and try making sure old devices are out of range of your phone, then attempt to re-pair in the app. If that doesn't work you should also check that you have no more than 10 bluetooth devices listed in your phones bluetooth list as this can cause issues.
Note: The first 24 hours of a new sensor may have more variable readings. However, you do not need to calibrate manually; the sensor is designed to self-calibrate within 24 hours or less. If you prefer to calibrate the sensor, please wait at least 24 hours after placing a sensor. For more information see How to do a finger stick calibration.