General Transition Questions
When will I transfer?
You will be eligible to transfer to the G7 experience upon your next renewal. You can find your date of renewal in the account section of your app settings (the gear icon).
How will I transfer?
Once your renewal has occurred, and you’ve been shipped a G7, you will see a prompt in the app to transition to the G7 experience. Follow the prompts to successfully transition to the G7 experience.
Can I go back to the G6 experience after I have transitioned to the G7 experience?
No, this is a one way transition. Once you transition to the G7 experience, you will no longer be able to pair a G6 sensor. Please only pair a G7 sensor once you have used all of your G6 sensors to avoid losing any CGMs that you have already paid for.
How will the G7 experience differ from the G6 experience?
There are 4 primary differences between the G6 and G7 experience:
- The sensor and transmitter are combined, so there is no longer a need to keep track of the transmitter for 90 days.
- Sensor warm up is 4x faster. Instead of waiting two hours for the sensor to warm up, the G7 sensor will warm up in as little as 30 minutes.
- Glucose Data backfills for 24 hours. You can now be away from your phone for as long as 24 hours and still receive the glucose data from that time frame.
- 12 hour Grace Period. Your sensor will still expire every 10 days, however, you will now have a 12 hour grace period to change out your sensor and still receive data.
Transitioning from the 2 app G6 experience (Dexcom and Signos) to the G7 Experience
Why are we moving to a single app?
We have moved to a single app to provide a better user experience. You can now pair w/ your CGM and see all of your glucose logs within the Signos app. This means:
- Less space taken on your phone
- A streamlined experience for you
- Better device compatibility (check out this article for more details)
Will I still be able to utilize the Dexcom Clarity app if I want?
No, the Dexcom Clarity app is specific to the G6 device. Additionally, the G7 CGM is only able to send glucose data to one app. Utilizing a Dexcom app, or even having it on your phone, can interfere with your ability to utilize Signos.
Where can I access/export in depth reporting?
While you won’t be able to utilize Dexcom clarity for reporting, you can reach out to support to export glucose data and activity logs as raw data as desired.